Sustainability in thought and action affects everyone. As a service provider primarily for students, Studierendenwerk Bonn sees itself as having a special responsibility. We have been certified as a "Partner of Sustainable Bonn" since 2011.
Selected measures that we have implemented:
- Consuming only what is really requested, thanks to component selection.
- Fairtrade: fairly traded coffee and tea
- Wide range of vegetarian and vegan dishes
- Renunciation of tuna fish
- Regular campaigns for a more conscious lifestyle, together with cooperation partners
- Against food waste: cooperation with Foodsharing
- Energy-efficient construction and renovation
- Water-saving aerators in all 35 dormitories
- Saving electricity with LED lighting
- Company bicycles for sustainable mobility
- and much more
The project "Sustainable Bonn - Conference Venue of Sustainability" is an initiative of the City of Bonn under the umbrella of Tourismus & Congress GmbH. The common goal is to align Bonn and the region in a sustainable way, especially with regard to Bonn as the location of the UN Climate Secretariat.